Type of Information We Collect
We collect two types of information collected by us: Personal Information and Non-Personal Information (each, as defined below).
- Personal Information means any information that may be used, either alone or in combination with other information, to personally identify an individual, including, but not limited to: name, username, password (and other login information), email address and contacts, Facebook® friends, home or other physical address, or other contact information.
- Non-Personal Information is information that does not identify you as an individual, such as your browser type, IP address, the URL of the previous website you visited, the activity of a user of the Service, a user’s ‘click-stream’ and scrolls on the Service, mobile device ID, date and time stamps of use of the Service and third party applications, email addresses in hashed form (i.e. a user’s email corresponds to a series of characters that does not permit the user’s identification) etc; although some opinions (such as the European Union) would consider IP address as Personal Information.
How We Collect Information
We may receive and/or collect Personal Information or Non-Personal Information from you in the following ways:
- Account Information. We collect your login information in order to identify and authenticate your access to the Service. Such information may include full name, username and access token.
- Subscriptions, purchases or other transactions. When you use the Service to make a purchase or complete a transaction, you may be asked to share certain personal information in addition to what you have provided upon opening your account. Additionally, other information may be required to complete the transaction. This information will be requested on a case by case basis and will be saved only upon your express confirmation in order to enhance your experience using our Service.
- Mobile Device Data. We may collect limited information from your mobile device in order to provide the Service. Such information could be information deriving from your activation and use of location-based services on your mobile device. We may sample information regarding your location using the GPS in your mobile device (if activated by you) in order to allow us to provide you with the most relevant service provider in your vicinity for the accomplishment of your tasks. Other information could be your mobile device type and operating system version, mobile device ID, mobile advertising ids, IP addresses, and date and time stamps of use of the Service and third-party applications. In addition, we may deploy certain Non-Personal Information (see Section 6 below) collection technologies within the Service in order to provide the Service and to help us gather aggregate statistics.
- Communications from users. So that we are able to answer your questions and requests as thoroughly as possible, we may keep emails or other communications you send to us.
How We Use Personal Information
The Personal Information will generally be stored locally on your mobile device itself. If you submit or we collect Personal Information through the Service, then such Personal Information may be used in the following ways:
- We will use your Personal Information to provide and improve our Service and to identify and authenticate your access to the parts of the Service that you are authorized to access. By using your Personal Information, we can segment and create more accurate and customized experience that is suitable for your needs. We may also use your Personal Information to assist in the successful completion of a transaction, to analyze and provide feedback on the Service or to ensure a safe transaction free of credit or other fraud.
- We may disclose your Personal Information or any information you submitted via the Service if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our EULA, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues; or (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Pyntail, our users, yourself or the public.
How We Use Non-Personal Information
We may collect Non-Personal Information in order to provide and operate the Service, including for statistical and research purposes; to enable us to further develop, customize and improve the Service based on users’ common preferences and uses; to create and provide our business partners and affiliates with aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred Non-Personal Information. We may also disclose Non-Personal Information (with or without compensation) to third parties, including advertisers and partners. We are not aware of the identity of the user from which the Non-Personal Information was collected.
- Choice. At all times, you may choose whether or not to provide or disclose Personal Information. If you choose not to provide mandatory Personal Information, you may still visit parts of the Service but you may be unable to access certain options, programs, offers, and services that involve our interaction with you.
- Security. The security of Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards, including the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards, to protect the Personal Information submitted to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security or confidentiality. If you have any questions about security on the Service, you can contact us at email@example.com.
- Safe Harbor and International Transfers. The Service is hosted in the United States and is intended for United States visitors. Currently, we store and process the information gathered on third party servers located in the United States. Some (although not all) of our third-party hosting providers are certified under, or otherwise in compliance with, the U.S.-EU and U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce, and adhere to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. If you use the Service from the European Economic Area (EEA) or any other region with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from United States law, you acknowledge and agree that by using the Service you are transferring Personal Information outside of those jurisdictions to the United States.
- California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.
- California Disclosures. Our Service does not currently contain a web browser, and therefore there is no situation in which we are required to respond or take any action with respect to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-websites sites or online services. We may allow third parties, such as Google Analytics, to collect personally identifiable information about an individual Service user’s online activities over time and across different websites when a Service user uses the Service.
- Access/Accuracy. To the extent that we collect and store Personal Information, we wish to maintain accurate Personal Information. To access or change or delete your account information please contact us at email@example.com. Some of our services have different procedures to access, correct or delete user’s personal information.